The Coronet Theatre started life in 1898. Edward VII often visited, and John Gielgud saw his first Shakespeare play here. Many of the biggest stars of the day trod its boards including Ellen Terry and Sarah Bernhardt.
In 1923 with the advent of film, it became the much loved Coronet Cinema, right up until 2014 when it was taken over by Anda Winters to start the gradual process of restoring the neglected venue.
Today The Coronet Theatre combines grand architecture with an intimate and warm setting, including candlelit hallways, antique décor, stage props and the most beautiful theatre bar in London.